Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
French Maritime Pine Bark Extract (150mg Capsules)
Our French Maritime Pine Bark Extract includes a minimum of 95% of compounds known as Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs), very powerful antioxidants that may help with a range of conditions.
Current Batch Number: 1701555
Current Best Before Date: 01/2020
- Take one capsule a day
Due to new evidence and recent research, we have now standardised our French Maritime Pine Bark Extract capsules at 150mg, this being the optimum daily dosage for adults. A higher dosage of up to 300mg daily is generally used for more serious problems.
- French Maritime Pine Bark Extract 150mg (containing a minimum of 95% OPCs)
- Brown rice flour 400mg
Suitable for vegetarians.
It is rare that French Maritime Pine Bark Extract causes side effects and OPCS have been widely tested for safety but there may occasionally be an allergic reaction and some digestive discomfort
About French Maritime Pine Bark Extract
Our French Maritime Pine Bark Extract includes a minimum of 95% of compounds known as Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs), very powerful antioxidants that may help with a range of conditions:
- Helps strengthen blood vessels and increase blood flow through the largest arteries to the smallest capillaries.
- Improves cardiovascular health and increases circulation.
- Supports healthy blood pressure.
- Supports brain function.
- Reduces leg and ankle swelling.
- Improves delivery of oxygen to cells.
Feedback from customers indicates that French Maritime Pine Bark Extract may help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar, reduce varicose veins, help to combat degenerating eyesight, improve the symptoms of tinnitus and, when taken in conjunction with L-Citrulline, may help to relieve the symptoms of ED. It is impossible to list all the benefits of improved blood circulation, but it can effect every organ in the body. As with all supplements, they will only help when taken in conjunction with a healthy, varied diet and regulat exercise.
Beware cheaper versions!
What is Maritime Pine Bark Extract?
Extract of maritime pine bark contains a flavonoid known as oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC). This type of flavonoid also occurs naturally in certain plants and fruits such as cranberries, blackcurrants and bilberries as well as in the seed and skin of grapes and in green and black tea. However, for supplement purposes, the OPCs present in maritime pine bark contain a certain molecular structure which makes for a highly effective antioxidant.
How is it extracted?
Maritime pine trees have an abundance of OPCs within their bark which makes them an ideal source for the harvesting and extraction of this powerful antioxidant. The process is achieved by soaking the bark in warm water then pressing the pulp which literally squeezes the extract from the bark.
How Does Pine Bark Extract Help with Health Issues?
It can help in 3 ways:
- As an aid to a healthy circulation
- One of the main functions of pine bark extract is to keep the blood flowing efficiently. Therefore, including this as a dietary supplement will help strengthen blood vessels, which in turn increases blood flow, resulting in healthy tissue and circulatory function. Because it helps with improved delivery of oxygen to cells, pine bark extract is effective to people who have suffered a stroke. Other instances where pine bark extract proves effective are:
- ADHD in children
- Cardiovascular problems
- Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Erectile dysfunction (particularly when taken alongside l-arginine)
- Haemorrhoids (also known as ‘piles’)
- As a restorative to tissue damage
- Maritime pine bark has also been shown to give highly effective improvement in dealing with skin issues. One of the most difficult-to-remedy skin problems is sun damage and consequent premature ageing of the skin — particularly the complexion. Clinical trials have shown a significant decrease in skin photo-aging as well as a reduction in the pigmentation of age spots.
- As an antioxidant
- We hear a great deal about free radicals and the need for antioxidants to eliminate them, but what is going on in our body that means we have a constant need to play a biological game of ‘zap the free radical’? It’s true that substances from the good food choices we make will help our immune system to kill off these rogue cells, but often our body could do with extra help in the form of a more concentrated source of antioxidant to help protect us from falling prey to disease. This is where maritime pine bark extract comes in.
Why Do We Need Antioxidants?
Our body is constantly attacked by atoms known as oxidants (or free radicals) which are unpaired electrons. These atoms are on a mission to find another electron to pair up with and in doing so they frantically bump and crash into other atoms, causing damage. The destructive behaviour of free radicals can cause otherwise healthy cells to malfunction or die, which results in a weakened immune system, leading to poor health and leaving us vulnerable to illness and disease.
Free radicals are caused by pollution and by over-exposure to ultra violet radiation. Pollution comes in many guises; such things as fluoride in tap water, eating deep fried foods cooked in rancid oil and breathing smoke and fumes. Insufficient exercise also causes free radicals to flood our bodies and it’s often the case that following a particularly stressful time we tend to fall prey to viruses such as the common cold. This is because stress can allow free radicals to get the upper hand, causing our immune system to take a nose dive.
Antioxidants are our greatest allies. They protect us from the onslaught of free radical damage which our cells need to fight every day of our lives. They protect us from constant vulnerability to illness and without them our bodies couldn’t withstand the attack caused by environmental toxins and for some, bad food choices.
Health organisations and government guidelines recommend we eat five portions of fruit and vegetables each day and these directives carry a strong message. But the fact is, five a day is the absolute minimum needed to give ourselves a fighting chance of continued good health. The reason we need to eat fruit and vegetables is because they contain those vital antioxidants. Brightly coloured and black-skinned berries and the dark green leaves of vegetables such as kale, broccoli and spring cabbage are particularly effective. These are known as ‘super foods’ as they give us higher levels of antioxidant protection.
Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties of Maritime Pine Bark Extract
Nature comes to the rescue yet again with the extract of this coastal tree whose anti-inflammatory properties rival aspirin, but without the associated side effects.
OPCs contain some of the most powerful antioxidants known to man, so supplementing your diet with a high quality pine bark extract will not only give serious protection from the destructive effect of free radicals, but it can even help to repair existing damage.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.