Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
‘Good’ bacteria are essential to overall health. Under ideal conditions around 90% of all the bacteria in the body are ‘good’ or beneficial and they can keep the ‘bad’ or harmful 10% in check. When conditions are not ideal, due to illness, infection, taking antibiotics, poor diet, lack of fruit and vegetables or an excess of processed foods, salt and sugar for example, the balance is thrown out and the numbers of harmful bacteria increase. Our probiotic supplement contains a whopping 20 billion cfu (colony forming units) per capsule of the most beneficial bacteria.
By supplementing your diet with a good probiotic, you can keep the beneficial bacteria in your body at optimum levels, which then prevent harmful bacteria from taking hold and creating major illness.
- Take one capsule a day with or after a meal.
It’s important to take a probiotic supplement that includes a variety of bacteria, as different strains have different effects. Our probiotic contains a blend of (200mg):
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium animalis lactis
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Vegetable cellulose capsules
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Other Ingredients: FOS from Inulin 40mg, Maltodextrin 370mg, Magnesium Stearate 5mg.
- Some people may experience stomach upset, gas or bloating for the first few days.
- If you have immune system issues please speak to your GP before taking probiotic supplements.
When to Take a Probiotic
- If you have been ill, particularly with a stomach bug, vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you have been taking antibiotics.
- If you have poor digestion or issues with indigestion.
- If you have a poor or restricted diet.
Probiotic supplements are cultivated bacteria and yeasts that are known to be the most beneficial to human health. There are thousands of strains of these micro-organisms that make up the "gut flora" in most human intestines, some of which we are born with, some of which are obtained from unwashed food, others from fermented foods such as yoghurt, sour milk, sauerkraut, etc. Not all strains are beneficial but a healthy body manages its population of intestinal flora, normally without problems. The important point is to provide it with the raw materials for such a healthy colony, which often doesn't happen when the fresh food we eat has been washed until it is almost sterile, or when antibiotic treatment is required.
Other benefits from taking Probiotics
- Reduce the symptoms of IBS.
- Shorten an episode of diarrhoea.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Avoid developing type II diabetes (by reducing insulin resistance, inflammation, and body weight).
- Avoid dementia and Alzheimer’s in later life.
- Reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression (Bifidobacterium Longum).
- Reduce stored fat.
Current Batch Number: 1801500
Current Best Before Date: 11/2020
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person