Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
'Cleanse' from Holly Botanic. A Herbal Tisane for Cleansing and Detox
"Refresh your mind and body"
Cleanse is a light, aromatic infusion designed to detox the body. All the ingredients are 100% natural and contain no preservative, colourings or flavourings.
This tisane is available loose in bags of 40g & 80g. The tin tie paper bags are heat sealed and resealable.
All of our Holly Botanic products are designed and hand-made on site.
How Our 'Cleanse' Tisane Ingredients Can Support Detoxification
- Lemongrass is highly aromatic and contains antioxidants.
- Nettle is cleansing and detoxifying and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Dandelion Leaf is one of the best cleansing herbs, stimulating the liver, gallbladder and kidneys to help remove toxins.
- Green Tea is loaded with antioxidants, such as polyphenols, which are beneficial to the body and help cleanse impurities.
- Peppermint soothes digestive issues and is refreshing and revitalising.
- Cymbopogon citratus
- Camelia sinensis
- Urtica dioica
- Taraxacum officinale
- Mentha piperita
This tisane contains a source of caffeine in the green tea.
Infuse a heaped teaspoon of the tisane in hot water using either an infuser, a teapot and strainer, or a cafetière and your favourite mug. Let the tisane infuse for up to 5-15 minutes. Drink up to 3 cups a day
*Holly's Tip* This tisane is best suited to be used with infusers with a very fine mesh or tea bags. The ingredients are dried leaves, which crumble into very small pieces and will escape from silicon infusers.
- Seek advice from a pharmacist before using if taking medication that is broken down by the liver.
- Limit use if pregnant.
- This tisane contains a source of caffeine in the green tea.
Alcohol, pollution and junk or processed food are all sources of toxins for the body. A healthy, natural diet, exercise and drinking water will all help keep your body detoxed.
Antioxidants work by protecting the cells from being damaged by Free Radicals in the body.
Free Radicals are unstable molecules. They are produced by the body's normal cellular processes but also when we are exposed to pollution, cigarette smoke, UV rays for example. If left to their own devices Free Radicals combine with other elements in the body, 'oxidising' them. Antioxidants work by bonding with the free radicals (sacrificing themselves if you like) before they can damage the body.
Oxidative Stress is one of the ageing processes, as well as inflammation and glycation. It becomes damaging when the body is exposed to high levels of uncountered oxidation over long periods of time.
*Product reviews are the opinions of customers, individual results may vary from person to person.