Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
'Breathe' from Holly Botanic. A Herbal Tisane for Sinus Congestion
"Relieve the pressure"
Breathe is a light, floral herbal infusion designed to help relieve sinus congestion. All the ingredients are 100% natural and caffeine free and contain no preservatives, colourings or flavourings.
This tisane is available loose in bags of 30g & 60g. The tin tie paper bags are heat sealed and resealable.
All of our Holly Botanic products are designed and hand-made on site.
How Our 'BREATHE' Tisane Ingredients Can Ease Sinus Congestion
- Echinacea is widely used as an immune stimulant to counter both bacterial and viral infections.
- Elderflower is known to reduce fevers and tone the linings of the nose and throat, increasing their resistance to infection.
- Marshmallow is soothing and protects the mucous membranes. Its demulcent quality also relieves dry coughs and bronchial catarrh.
- Nettle is cleansing, detoxifying and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Blueberries (freeze dried to preserve as many nutrients as possible) are superfruits, packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
- Echinacea purpurea
- Sambucus nigra
- Althea officinalis
- Urtica dioica
- Vaccinium corymbosum
To make an infusion add a heaped teaspoon of the tisane to hot (just off boiling) water using an infuser, a teapot and strainer, or a cafetiere and your favourite mug. Let the tisane steep infuse for up to 5 minutes (any longer and it will become bitter tasting), then strain and sip. Drink up to 3 cups a day. Add lemon juice and honey to taste.
*Holly's Tip* This tisane is best suited to be used with infusers with a very fine mesh or tea bags. The ingredients are mostly leaves and flowers, which crumble into very small pieces and will escape from silicon infusers.
- Excessive consumption may cause nausea.
Long lasting or recurring sinus problems can be a sign of a more serious health issue. If you are concerned speak to your GP.
Viral and bacterial infections cause immune system reactions, in which an important role is played by the lymphatic system. Part of the lymphatic system involves the mucous membranes, such as those in the sinuses. Mucus is an essential substance synthesised and used by the body; it protects and hydrates the body’s tissue, it traps bacteria and allergens before they have the chance to infect the body and it even contains antibodies to destroy invaders.
So, if the lymphatic system and the mucous membranes are not functioning as they should be, the reaction to infection will be more severe and will take longer to recover from. Especially during cold and flu season, these systems can become congested and overwhelmed and they need a little help.
You can support your immune system in three ways:
- By using mucilaginous herbs, such as marshmallow leaf. Mucilaginous herbs tone and support the mucus membranes, keeping them hydrated and slippery, ensuring microbes are swept away and destroyed before they can make you as ill. A more effective immune system response means quicker relief for sore sinuses.
- By rebalancing your proteins. Sinus congestion is caused by an imbalance of proteins in the mucous membranes, making them less effective. Tannins, such as those in Echinacea leaf, bind to used or excess proteins and remove them, restoring fluidity and the ability to flush away invading microbes.
- By staying hydrated. It may only be a cup but every bit of water you drink helps to keep your body and its systems hydrated, making everything work more effectively.
*Product reviews are the opinions of customers, individual results may vary from person to person.