Free UK Delivery over £39
Vitex Agnus-Castus Tincture 1:1 45%
A high-strength, 1:1 tincture of organic, dried Vitex Agnus-Castus berries, also known as Chaste Tree berries.
The tinctures are packaged in blue glass bottles with a pipette lid, so drops are easily dispensed. The bottles also have child-proof caps. Available in 50ml or 100ml.
- Add 0.5-1ml (roughly 10-20 drops) to water or juice and drink 2-3 times a day
- Vitex agnus-castus
- Purified water BP
Suitable for vegans.
- Do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take with hormone contraceptives or if you have hormone-sensitive cancer.
- Stop taking if you experience an allergic reaction.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
A tincture is a concentrated herbal extract made using ethanol and distilled water. When glycerine is used in place of the ethanol, it is called a glycerite. The ethanol acts as a solvent, drawing out the active compounds from the herb into the liquid.
The ratio refers to the concentration of herbs to solvent, for example 1:3 would be 1 part herbs to 3 parts liquid. 1:1 is the strongest extract, in which 1ml of liquid is the equivalent of 1000mg of herb.
The percentage of a tincture refers to the alcohol used. 45% means that the ethanol was diluted to 45% with distilled water.
The tincture should also clarify whether dried or fresh herbs were used.
Usually a few drops of tincture are taken daily by mouth either straight or diluted in water.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.