Free UK Delivery over £29 - Free International Delivery over £50
Echinacea Purpurea Tincture 1:1 45%
A high-strength, 1:1 tincture of organic, fresh Echinacea purpurea whole herb.
Traditionally Echinacea has been used to help the iummune system function normally. Used topically, echinacea can help with skin healing.
The tinctures are packaged in blue glass bottles with a pipette lid, so drops are easily dispensed. The bottles also have child-proof caps. Available in 50ml or 100ml.
- Add 0.25-1.25ml (roughly 3-12 drops) to water or juice and drink up to 3 times a day.
- If avoiding alcohol, add the drops to boiling water and leave for 10 minutes for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Echinacea purpurea
- Purified water BP.
Suitable for vegans.
- Do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take wif allergic to plants in the Asteraceae family.
- Do not take if you have an autoimmune disorder, such as lupus.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
A tincture is a concentrated herbal extract made using ethanol and distilled water. When glycerine is used in place of the ethanol, it is called a glycerite. The ethanol acts as a solvent, drawing out the active compounds from the herb into the liquid.
The ratio refers to the concentration of herbs to solvent, for example 1:3 would be 1 part herbs to 3 parts liquid. 1:1 is the strongest extract, in which 1ml of liquid is the equivalent of 1000mg of herb.
The percentage of a tincture refers to the alcohol used. 45% means that the ethanol was diluted to 45% with distilled water.
The tincture should also clarify whether dried or fresh herbs were used.
Usually a few drops of tincture are taken daily by mouth either straight or diluted in water.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.