Free UK Delivery over £29 - Free International Delivery over £50
If you watched the BBC programme “How to Stay Young” you will have seen that Angela Rippon, 71 and very fit, was alarmed and amazed that she had the organs of a younger person but a high amount of visceral fat stored around all of her major organs including her heart.
Pure Inulin Powder
Inulin is a soluble fibre and prebiotic found in many vegetables. It is also used as a natural food additive.
- The recommended dosages seem to vary quite widely between 5 grams and 40 grams daily; also, individual reactions to Inulin vary. We recommend starting with a small amount and inceasing unless discomfort occurs.
- Measure one flat scoop (approx. 4-6 grams) and mix with water, squash or juice and drink. Inulin can also be added to shakes and smoothies, or mixed with yoghurt. The important thing is to wait until the powder appears to have dissolved and to increase your fluid intake. After the first 4-5 days, two scoops (approx. 8-12 grams) can be taken, which is enough for the majority of people, although up to 40 grams daily can be taken if no unwanted effects occur.
- 100% Chicory Root
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Our Inulin is extracted from chicory, and chicory is a mild stimulant, so if you are sensitive to stimulants you are advised not to take it. Inulin may cause some stomach discomfort when first taken so we recommend starting with a small amount and gradually increasing. The fermentation of Inulin in the large intestine may cause flatulence, bloating and some degree of diarrhea as the body becomes accustomed to the new addition to the diet. A recent study comparing the effects of 5 grams daily and 8 grams daily noted that the higher dose produced less gas.
- As with most supplements your body should guide you to your ideal dose.
- There are no known interactions with other medicines or supplements.
- Consuming Inulin will NOT affect blood sugar levels.
Country of Origin
Main Benefits of Inulin Powder
- Can help to reduce the accumulation of visceral fat. (Please bear in mind that this is a slow process - however old you are, your store of visceral fat has been building up for that many years so getting rid of it isn't a speedy process, perseverance is needed)
- Provides an ideal environment for the growth of beneficial intestinal flora (prebiotic).
- Increases the health and function of the whole digestive system.
- Can help to stabilise blood sugar levels in diabetic and pre-diabetic people.
- Enhances energy production.
- Help to lower triglyceride levels, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Can reduce appetite and promote a feeling of fullness.
How Inulin Powder helps to reduce visceral fat
Visceral Fat - Also called Belly Fat - refers to fat deposits in the abdomen that are packed around organs such as the stomach, liver, intestines and kidneys. Visceral fat is considered to be the biggest health risk of any fat deposits, but it is the easiest to lose! Have you ever wondered why, when you manage to lose weight, the results may show up on the scales but take a long time to show up in the mirror? The reason is that, if you have stores of visceral fat, the weight you lose is composed of a mixture of visible fat and invisible, or visceral, fat. Typically, if you lose 8lbs in weight, between 25% and 50% of that loss will be visceral fat, incredibly beneficial for your health but not very noticeable in the mirror.
When eaten, Inulin is not digested in the stomach, instead it passes into the intestines largely unchanged, where it ferments.
|Per 100g||Per Serving||*RI|
|Energy||845 kJ/210 kcal||42 kJ/11 kcal||1%|
|of which saturates||0g||0g||0%|
|of which sugars||8g||0.4g||0%|
Current Batch Number: 2019027857
Current Best Before Date: 01/2023
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person