Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
L-Citrulline Supplement Powder
L-Citrulline is a naturally occuring amino acid produced naturally by the body but is also present in some foods such as watermelon.
We recommend taking between 5-12g of L-Citrulline daily (1-2 scoops) with or without food. One flat measure of the scoop included is approximately 5g. It has a slightly bitter aftertaste but can be mixed with juice, squash or anything else you prefer. Note that it may take 2-4 weeks for the full benefits of L-Citrulline to become apparent, although nitric oxide production leading to increased blood flow should be noticeable within hours.
- 100% L-Citrulline Powder
- Do not take L-Citrullline during pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
- Allergies or asthma: L-Citrulline can cause an allergic response or make swelling in the airways worse.
- Low blood pressure: L-Citrulline might lower blood pressure, which could be a problem if you already have this.
- Surgery: There is a concern that L-Citrulline might interfere with blood pressure control during and after surgery. Stop taking L-Citrulline at least 2 weeks before scheduled surgery.
- As always, you should consult your GP is you have any concerns about taking any supplements.
L-Citrulline is a relative newcomer to the market. Researchers have for years concentrated on L-Arginine, but Arginine has had mixed results and in one study even appeared to be dangerous for some men with advanced heart disease. But it did have very beneficial effects on somes. Unfortunately, the dose required to be effective - 5 grams - approaches the daily amount given (9 grams/day) in a study of Arginine where six men died.
Of course, Arginine can be used successfully when at much lower doses (1.5 grams/day) when combined with other supplements such as french maritime pine bark. But all of this goes to show that L-Arginine has definite issues when used by itself. L-Citrulline, on the other hand, seems to produce equal or better results. It is possible to supplement with L-Citrulline by eating watermelon daily but you would probably need around a quarter of an average-size watermelon.
Our L-Citrulline powder is rapidly climbing the ranks of our best sellers (currently Number 4, below three products that we have been selling for years). Unlike Arginine, L-Citrulline does not cause diarrhoea and produces a long-lasting effect rather than the "spike" produced by Arginine.
Current Batch Number: IBAF180129
Current Best Before Date: 01/2020
*Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary.