Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
Saw Palmetto Extract Capsules 2,500mg
Saw Palmetto is best known for its use in decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH) triggered by low testosterone levels. According to many research studies, it is effective for this use. Saw Palmetto berries contain flavanoids as the active compounds and have enzyme-blocking properties.
- Take 2 capsules daily, 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening after food.
- SAW PALMETTO 10:1 Extract 250mg equivalent to 2,500mg fresh berries
- Brown Rice Flour 207mg
- Vegetarian Capsule Size 0.
- Check with your health professional before use if undergoing hormone replacement therapy.
- Avoid taking when pregnant.
Why does it differ in appearance?
Saw Palmetto can differ in colour from brown to purple to red – green to yellow to white. It is the product with the most dramatic colour change! This is because if the berries are dried they give a brown/purple powder and if they are fresh then they tend to be green to yellow. It may also be due to seasonal variations or extraction.
What does Saw Palmetto help with?
Prostate surgery (transurethral resection of the prostate; TURP). Research shows that taking Saw Palmetto daily for 2 months before prostate surgery can reduce the time spent in surgery, blood loss, the development of problems during surgery, and the total time spent in the hospital.
As well as being used to decrease symptoms of an enlarged prostate, traditionally it has also been used as a natural remedy for a variety of things including:
- Preventing hair loss
- Treating coughs, colds & sore throats
- Promoting relaxation
- Enhancing sexual drive
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.