Free UK Delivery over £29
High Strength Sleep Blend Tincture
A blend of valerian, hops, lemonbalm and chamomile. Four natural herbal extracts designed to work harmoniously together to promote sleep and relaxation.
The tinctures are packaged in blue glass bottles with a pipette lid, so drops are easily dispensed. The bottles also have child-proof caps. Available in 50ml or 100ml.
- Add 2ml (roughly 40 drops) to water or juice half an hour before bedtime.
- Valeriana officinalis 1:1 45% (Valerian Root - fresh)
- Humulus lupulus 1:3 60% (Hops - dried)
- Melissa officinalis 1:2 45% (Lemon balm - fresh)
- Chamomilla recutita 1:2 45% (Chamomile - fresh)
- Purified Water BP
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- Do not take with any sleep medication or sedatives.
- Do not take if you have hormone-sensitive cancer.
A tincture is a concentrated herbal extract made using ethanol and distilled water. When glycerine is used in place of the ethanol, it is called a glycerite. The ethanol acts as a solvent, drawing out the active compounds from the herb into the liquid.
The ratio refers to the concentration of herbs to solvent, for example 1:3 would be 1 part herbs to 3 parts liquid. 1:1 is the strongest extract, in which 1ml of liquid is the equivalent of 1000mg of herb.
The percentage of a tincture refers to the alcohol used. 45% means that the ethanol was diluted to 45% with distilled water.
The tincture should also clarify whether dried or fresh herbs were used.
Usually a few drops of tincture are taken daily by mouth either straight or diluted in water.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.