Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
'Digest' from Holly Botanic. A Herbal Tisane for Digestion.
"Ease, comfort and relieve"
Digest is a minty, aromatic herbal infusion designed to help relieve symptoms of over indulgence and help digestion. All the ingredients are 100% natural and caffeine free and contain no preservatives, colours or flavourings.
This tisane is available loose in bags of 50g & 100g. The tin tie paper bags are heat sealed and resealable.
All of our Holly Botanic products are designed and hand-made on site.
Ingredients and Benefits of our Digest Tisane
- Peppermint is commonly used to relieve nausea and is well known for its digestive benefits. It can ease painful bloating and disperse trapped wind.
- Chamomile is soothing and can relax stomach cramps. Its calming properties can help stomach aches caused by stress and anxiety.
- Fennel seed's volatile oils help to alleviate trapped wind and flatulence and reduce that 'too full' feeling.
- Coriander seed is a gentle carminative. It settles the stomach and sweetens the breath.
- Mentha piperita
- Matricaria chamomilla
- Foeniculum vulgare
- Coriandrum sativum
To make an infusion add a heaped teaspoon of the tisane to hot (just off boiling) water using an infuser, a teapot and strainer, or a cafetiere and your favourite mug. Let the tisane steep infuse for up to 5-15 minutes (any longer and it will become bitter tasting), then strain and sip. Drink after a meal and up to 2 cups a day.
*Holly's Tip* This tisane is best suited to be used with infusers with a very fine mesh or tea bags. The leafy ingredients crumble into very small pieces and will escape from silicon infusers.
- Avoid if pregnant or allergic to chamomile.
Long lasting or recurring indigestion can be a sign of a more serious health issue. If you are concerned speak to your GP.
As any new mum will know colic is unpleasant for both baby and parents! Good news - even young babies can benefit from tisanes. An infusion made from fennel, chamomile and peppermint can help to relieve the symptoms of colic. A breastfeeding mother can drink the infusion (1 cup up to three times per day) or the infusion can be diluted and given to the infant with a medicine dropper (1 diluted teaspoon three times a day).
Many health complaints either start with or are affected by the digestive system, which is why its so important to make sure everything's working as well as possible. Any number of things can contribute to poor digestion, including stress, food sensitivities, rushing while eating, poor diet etc. Here are three things you can do to maximise the effectiveness of your digestive system:
- Sit at a table to eat meals - poor posture, distractions and 'grazing' are all risks of eating on the go, on the floor or slouched on the sofa. Sitting up gives structure to your meal time and can be more social.
- Slow down - rushing your breakfast because you're late for work? Grabbing a pastry on the run because you're late for a meeting at work? It's not doing you any good. Make time for your meals and don't rush. Chewing each mouthful properly and taking your time makes meals more enjoyable and can help you eat less.
- Drink water - As always, stay hydrated. Drinking water before a meal will help you feel fuller so you're less likely to over indulge. A hydrated system is a happy system, including the digestive system.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person