Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
Soothe from Holly Botanic. A Herbal Tisane for Sore Throats
"It's a warm hug for your sore throat!"
Soothe is a warming, spiced herbal infusion designed to bring relief to sore throats. All the ingredients are 100% natural, caffeine free and contain no artifical preservatives, colourings or flavourings.
This tisane is available loose in packs of approximately 3 cups (sample), 20 cups, 40 cups and 60 cups. The packs are heat sealed and resealable. It is also available in 100% biodegradable SOILON® tea bags, in packs of 15.
All of our Holly Botanic products are designed and hand-made on site in small batches, using cruelty-free, non-GMO ingredients.
Ingredients and Benefits of our Soothe Tisane
- Liquorice root has anti-inflammatory properties and soothes irritation.
- Cinnamon has antiviral properties and is a warming stimulant.
- Echinacea is widely used as an immune stimulant to combat bacterial and viral infections.
- Marshmallow helps to relieve dry coughs and has mucilaginous properties, which soothe inflamed and irritated mucous membranes.
- Ginger has antiseptic properties and helps reduce body temperature in fevers.
Four out of the five ingredients - liquorice, cinnamon, echinacea and ginger - have antibiotic properties (if you sweeten with honey, include that too!), which means while it's soothing your sore throat, it's also helping you to fight off the invading harmful bacteria.
Ingredients: Echinacea purpurea, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Cinnamomum aromaticum, Althea officinalis, Zingiber officinale.
Suitable for vegans. Gluten free.
To make an infusion add a heaped teaspoon of the tisane to boiling water using an infuser, a teapot and strainer, or a cafetiere and your favourite mug. Let the tisane steep for 5-10 minutes, then strain and sip. Drink up to 3 cups a day.
* Holly's Tip * Try making an autumnal warmer by simmering Soothe in a saucepan of apple juice for 20-40 minutes with the lid on. Strain and sip (the brandy is optional!). Alternatively use milk or nut milk, the result is similar to a Chai latte.
- Contains liquorice - people suffering from hypertension should avoid excessive consumption.
A long lasting or recurring sore throat or cough can be a sign of a more serious health issue. If you are concerned speak to your GP.
Viral and bacterial infections cause immune system reactions, in which an important role is played by the lymphatic system. Part of the lymphatic system involves the mucous membranes, such as those in the sinuses. Invading microbes are trapped by the lymph fluid and transported to the lymph nodes, where they are destroyed by anti-bodies.
Inflammation is a common protective reaction used by the body in response to infection or injury. When the body is fighting an infection quite often the lymph glands (usually those in the neck) swell up and become painful. Although unpleasant, this is a good sign as it shows the immune system is responding as it should and lots of antibodies are being produced to battle the microbes.
So, if the lymphatic system and the mucous membranes are not functioning as they should be, our reaction to infection will be more severe and will take longer to recover from. Especially during cold and flu season, these systems can become congested and overwhelmed and they need a little help.
You can support your immune system in three ways:
1). By using mucilaginous herbs, such as Marsh Mallow leaf. Mucilaginous herbs tone and support the mucus membranes, keeping them hydrated and slippery, ensuring microbes are swept away and destroyed before they can make you ill. A more effective immune system response means quicker relief for sore sinuses.
2). By rebalancing your proteins. Sinus congestion is caused by an imbalance of proteins in the mucous membranes, making them less effective. Tannins, such as those in Echinacea leaf, bind to used or excess proteins and remove them, restoring fluidity and the ability to flush away invading microbes.
3). By staying hydrated. It may only be a cup but every bit of water you drink helps to keep your body and its systems hydrated, making everything work more effectively.
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers. Individual results may vary from person to person.