Special Offer!: Free UK delivery is available when you order £29.00 or more of any product.
Wholefood Vitamin D3 (2500IU)
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans, this Wholefood Vitamin D3 comprises a natural plant base of lichen. High Potency tablets contain 1250% RDA per tablet (62.5µg).
- 1 tablet daily, or as directed by a practitioner.
- Vegan vitamin D3 preparation from lichen (starch, sucrose, silicon dioxide, d-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, cholecalciferol)
- Stearic acid
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy, colours, flavours and preservatives.
- Keep cool, dry and out of direct sunlight.
Wholefood High Potency Vegan Vitamin D3 1 tablet will provide on average:
Active Nutrient Strength %NRV*
Vitamin D3 62.5µg 1250
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans, this Wholefood Vitamin D3 comprises a natural plant base of lichen. High Potency tablets contain 1250% RDA per tablet (62.5µg)
- Made from a Vitamin D3-rich lichen extract plant base, suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- 60 tablets represents a 60-day supply with one tablet providing 62.5µg (2500IU)Vitamin D3 at 1250% of RDA (which is currently 5µg/200IU in the UK)
- Vitamin D assists with the maintenance of strong bones and teeth, helps support the functions of the immune system and contributes to normal muscle functions
- Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bones in children
- Vitamin D is available in different forms but the D3 form is the most bioavailable
- The elderly (65 and over) and children under 5 are at most risk of Vitamin D deficiency, and also pregnant women and those that rarely get outdoors
- Insufficient Vitamin D is known to be a factor in the development of many disease conditions, and adequate levels of intake are found to be protective
- There is emerging evidence that the commonly recommended daily amounts are far too low. It is now thought that we need at least 50ug (2000IU)/day for health and this is the newly established RDA in Canada
- Frequently referred to as the 'Sunshine Vitamin', Vitamin D can be synthesised by the skin on exposure to sunlight
In Summary, Vitamin D has the following benefits
- Contributes to the normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Has a role in the process of cell division
- Needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
"Micronutrient supplements should form part of a healthy diet and lifestyle package and that food supplements have a crucial role in bridging the gap between what we should eat, and what we do eat." Professor Ajit Lalvani 15 December 2016
n a recent study from the University of Surrey, it was found that "vitamin D3 is twice as effective in raising levels of the vitamin in the body than vitamin D2" and "Those who consume D3 through fish, eggs or vitamin D3-containing supplements are twice as likely to raise their vitamin D status than when consuming vitamin D2-rich foods such as mushrooms, vitamin D2-fortified bread or vitamin D2-containing supplements, helping to improve their long term health".
*Product reviews are the opinions of customers only. Individual results may vary.