Free UK Delivery over £29 - Free International Delivery over £75
Calcium AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate) 500mg capsules
A multi-year, controlled study, conducted by the Buck Institute for Research on Ageing in aged mice, found that calcium alpha-ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG), a stable form of alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG), "promotes longer, healthier life associated with a decrease in levels of inflammatory cytokines".
AKG is a chemical produced naturally in the body up until the age of about 40, but then drastically reduces. Taking a Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ca-AKG) supplement can help to increase both lifespan and healthspan (keeping you healthier as you age). Research on Ageing has shown that Ca-AKG can increase the health of later years in life by 40%, mainly by reducing over 30 signs of age-related frailty.
Did you know your biological age may not match your chronological age? For example, if you were born 40 years ago your chronological age is 40. Your biological age, however, depends on many factors, including genetics, lifestyle, nutrition, fitness, diseases and other conditions. You can visit www.biological-age.com to check how the above factors may be influencing your biological age.
We have also included Aquamin, which is a unique multi-mineral complex derived from 100% red marine algae (mature form harvester), providing bio-active calcium, magnesium and 72 other trace minerals. This works alongside AKG to support ageing metabolism.
- Take 2-4 capsules daily.
- Calcium Alpha Ketoglutarate 500mg (21% calcium)
- Aquamin TG (a highly bioavailable source of minerals rich in calcium) 150mg*
- Magnesium Stearate 10mg
*contains unmodified maize (corn) starch
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Avoid use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- An upper limit of 2000mg of calcium daily is considered to be generally safe, excessive levels of calcium intake can lead to adverse health conditions.
Other companies sell Arginine AKG, Ornithine AKG or Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid but it is only Calcium AKG that has been shown to provide health benefits.
Our Calcium AKG is anhydrous as opposed to monohydrate. This is because monohydrate has a water molecule and anhydrous doesn’t. This means that as well as anhydrous being the preferred nutrition grade as it is more soluble (your body can absorb it more effectively), it contains more of the active compounds.
- Delaying age-related disease
- Reversing age-related frailty
- Revitalising cellular energy to restore vitality
- Maintaining DNA structure that may have been damaged by inflammation
- Improving and maintaining bone structure
- Reducing protein breakdown
- Providing energy for cells
- Helping in the production of collagen
- Improving the absorption of iron
- Supporting the immune system, helping to identify and fight pathogens.
- Significantly increasing circulating levels of insulin
- Maintains a healthy digestive system.
- Support kidney function.
- May improve athletic performance and improve recovery when taken alongside L-Citrulline.
26 January 2016 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4703346/
21 March 2018 https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2018/3408467/
Batch Number: 2001374
Best Before: 10/2022
* Product reviews are the opinions of customers, individual results may vary from person to person.